Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Judgment



I was having a conversation with another mediator today about the whole debate over transformative mediation. What I came to was that those who are "great" mediators naturally create a space in which parties can transform. They do this by just being themselves and staying away from judgment. In the ACResolution Magazine, Fall 2005, Sharon Pickett from Bethesda, Maryland wrote "I remember that I do not know the people sitting with me or understand the life experiences that have shaped who they are. We are all flawed human beings doing our best in an imperfect world -- and that includes me." What a great way to view the world and those who we come into contact with. It must take a lot of energy to always feel like you are better than others, figuring out what is wrong about them and right about you. Sounds like too much work to me....I like being in charge of only myself..and sometimes my dog, never my cat, and I don't even consider my Wife.

News of the Day--My judgment of the day

I cannot believe that our Vice President is hosting a fundraiser to help pay for Tom DeLay's court case...What is the world coming to? Is there not enough to do as the Vice President of the US....this guy has time to promote this kind of behavior????

HOUSTON Nov 22, 2005 — A campaign fundraiser for embattled Rep. Tom DeLay postponed by Hurricane Rita in September is being rescheduled for Dec. 5 with Vice President Dick Cheney as the headliner.
"It points out that the party is behind (DeLay) and the (Bush) administration is supportive and wants to keep Congressman DeLay in office," Eric Thode, Republican chairman in DeLay's home county of Fort Bend, told the Houston Chronicle in a story published Tuesday.
The most expensive tickets for the event $4,200 includes a spot at a VIP reception and a photograph with the vice president.
"Congressman Tom DeLay has been an exceptional leader on Capitol Hill and Vice President Cheney looks forward to helping his re-election effort," said Lee Anne McBride, a Cheney spokeswoman in Washington.
DeLay was indicted earlier this year on campaign finance-related charges in Travis County, an action that forced him to step down at least temporarily as House majority leader.
Former Rep. Nick Lampson is seeking the Democrat nomination to run against DeLay next year.
Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

No comments: